Nokia nmake Product Builder
The default rules define a collection of options, operators, common
target atoms, metarules, and variables to be used when writing makefiles.
These rules provide support for common languages, such as C, C++ and
Java as well as many other features.
- Simplified makefiles -- less time spent on makefile development.
- Easier to maintain.
- Eliminates redundancy in makefiles.
- Provides portability -- use same makefile on multiple platforms.
- Smaller, simplified makefiles are less error prone.
- Concentrate on what to build not how to build it.
Consequence of Not Having the Feature
- Large, verbose makefiles that are difficult to read
See example makefile comparison.
Last Update: Friday,12-Aug-2016 10:52:38 EDT